"According to the rules governing Members of Congress, I am precluded from intervening in any entity that is not a federal agency". - GOP Congressman John Shadegg
This quote is from a letter dated December 9, 2009 I received in response to a complaint I sent to Congressman Shadegg's office in regards to GMAC, our mortgage lender.
A little background: Congressman Shadegg voted for the October 2008 Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), which allocated $12,500,000,000 to GMAC and $49,400,000,000 to GM. GMAC is the only major banking institution to request additional bailout funds - in the amount of $5,600,000,000 in the beginning of November of 2009.
Apparently members of Congress are precluded from using the general public's version of the English language, as TARP certainly qualifies as an "intervention", and GMAC certainly qualified as an "entity that is not a federal agency", at least in October 2008.
REAL change is exacted at the primary voting booth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment