
Amy and I just went and saw "U2 3D" at the IMAX Theatre with our friends Dwight and Tracy. It is pretty much undisputable that U2 has established itself as the greatest rock band in the world. They just keep getting better and better, and for a band that's been around since the late 1970's, that's saying a lot. Seeing this show reminded me of seeing the Popmart tour at RFK in Washington DC in '96 or so. This concert, shot in Buenos Aires, was in a stadium similar in size to RFK. In 3D, it seemed as though Bono was reaching through the screen to you. I certainly enjoyed renditions of their hits, including a chilling version of "With Or Without You" and "Yahweh". I highly recommend seeing this show if you have even the slightest interest in U2.
2 comments:
Tara and I have tickets to be part of the U2 concert at the Rave Theatre here in FW on Feb 15!
You are my U2 inspiration!
I'm really looking forward to it; this may be my only chance to see a concert...but I can still dream.
I'll get you One Bad Pig tickets if you want, that could be your second concert.
Post a Comment