Sometimes I'm asked if I ever set new year resolutions. The answer is "yes", and usually that is followed up by the question of whether or not I keep them. The answer is "yes, most of them". I will not post all of my resolutions, but I will post a few - not in any order of importance or priority.
I resolve to pay less attention to the news.
I resolve to be in better shape by hiking up North Mountain (near our home) more.
I resolve to be a better husband and an adequate father.
I resolve to finish up the remodel on our house by mid-2008.
On another front, there is not really any new baby news other than everything seems normal, which is great news. We thought that we would have another "picture", but didn't end up getting another ultrasound. I believe there's one scheduled a couple of weeks from now.
We accomplished a lot on our remodel over the break. We are pleased with that. Pictures will be posted later.
The price of hops have gone up to the point where it's predicted that many microbreweries will go under. We'll wait and see. It might cost Dwight and I a little more with our homebrewing, but I will be selling carbon offsets to anybody who's interested to help defray our increased cost. Whoever buys a carbon offset will get a certificate from me and photographic proof of me riding my bike to Dwight and Tracy's house the next time we make beer. Of course, during the bike ride, I'll only breathe half as much to limit my CO2 emissions.
The Colts play San Diego for their first playoff game this season. The NFL Network puzzles me. They play college football games. Bryant Gumball is employed by them. And, they apparently hate the Colts and discount them all the time.
Over the break, Amy and I went to the Insight Bowl and watched IU get beat by OSU. But, all in all, the game was fun. We also went to a Suns vs. Seattle game. That was pretty fun - it's refreshing to see a team not act like a bunch of spoiled brats.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment