Thursday, December 27, 2007

My year end sports review (well, some sports)


Colts win the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning wins his first Super Bowl, defeating the rival Patriots on the way. Manning will no longer be in the same club with such people as Dan Marino and Patrick Ewing. All of the naysayers in the press are shut up, except for the ones this year that say that Manning hasn't proven anything until he has Brady's Super Bowl record. Dungy proves that nice guys can finish first.

NBA... Hmmm... Can I grant commentary space on my blog to a bunch of whiny, overpaid prima donnas playing a game that is much more entertaining at the college level? No.

Hendrick Motorsports simply dominates NASCAR this year, winning 50% of the races on the schedule (better than some teams' records in the NFC). Jimmie Johnson is completely on fire during the Chase, beating out teammate Jeff Gordon, who has a 5th place average finish. Junior leaves DEI (thankfully) to join the 48 and the 24. Maybe they can teach him how not to blow engines every other race. Kyle Petty proves he's worthless on the track yet again, finishing 35th in the points, while running 5 more races than Mark Martin, who finishes 27th in the points. The Car of Tomorrow proves to be a pile of junk, as I've never seen more parts fall of a car on a track. Plus, after watching some qualifying, the COT was qualifying at 3 mph slower than the Busch Series cars at the same track, the same day.

Notre Dame football. Ouch. Navy at home? But, I still support you, coach.

Red Sox win the World Series again! There must be a lot of band wagon jumpers, because I've never seen so many Red Sox shirts out in public. Never saw any before. I've only known 2 Red Sox fans in my entire life. Steroids take center stage in baseball, but players' actions don't have consequences as far as their MLB career is concerned since Bud Selig has never taken a stand for anything in his entire life. And, the Yankees lose - a wasted playoff spot yet again. I'd just rather see someone else there, someone who can make it past the first round.
The IOC is considering adding ballroom dancing an Olympic sport. Sound absurd? Why not? Poker is aired on ESPN after all, and I think that's more absurd.
There was a hockey season?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning me in your blog (I'm one of 2 Red Sox fans). Although I don't own a Red Sox hat, and that's mainly because I don't usually wear a hat.