Sunday, March 23, 2008

Remodel Progress Pics and Other Things...








As of Friday, we now have a functioning kitchen. The kitchen is nearly complete - all that's left to do is trim (crown, base, door casing) and decorate. Amy and future baby are both happy. This project I'm proud of. I gutted the majority of the kitchen, fixed and changed wiring, changed the lighting, hung the new drywall, and matched texture to the existing texture. Our contractor Joe replaced the large window with a single French door and new window. My friend Bram laid out the cabinets, I made the doors, drawers, and face frames while he made the boxes, and I helped him with the install. Amy and I installed the granite tile countertop ourselves (never again) and laid the tile floor ourselves (first time).








The picture above that shows the floor partially finished floor (my camera ran out of battery before I could take the picture just now) was taken earlier this week. It shows out 5 ft wide pantry with huge drawers at the bottom. The empty space is obviously for our fridge.








On to the floor in our new family room and dining area... No rest for the wicked, er, I mean weary.








Our contractor also finished up our patio cover a couple of weeks ago. Below are pictures of that. Now, we are trying to salvage enough brick pavers to do the floor. So, if you know of anybody that has any they want to give away, let me know! We're looking for the ones that are about 2" thick, and are about 3x7 (roughly).















As far as everything on the baby front, things are looking normal. Still due around mid-June.




Oh, the cats have been bothering me to put up pictures of them on the blog. So here's a couple. Maverick trying to eat the camera and Annabelle (named after the characters in the movie Maverick) wishing she were in a tangle of briars.




2 comments:

Tim Hallman said...

Three words:

A-MAZ-ING!

It's so beautiful!

Definitely Impressed.

Anonymous said...

When I first saw the photo with Amy standing in the kitchen, I wondered, "What showroom she was standing in?" That is beautiful! That is no minor remodel. It is the whole kit-n-kaboodle!

-Melvin