Amy got me this 365 Days Of How To Survive The Worst Case Scenarios day calendar for my desk. Some of the day's entries are merely bizarre stories, some of them are rather humorous, but Monday, March 3 took the cake. Following is the entry for the day...
"On this day in 1876, a shower of meat chunks, one to four square inches in size, rained down on Bath County in Kentucky. No one was injured by the falling meat, which had the appearance of beef (but tasted more like venison or lamb, according to sources). Numerous studies were done on the meat to ascertain what it was. Though early opinion was that it was no more than some sort of vegetable matter, it was determined that the samples studied were cartilage, lung tissue, and muscle. The final conclusion was that the meat had fallen from buzzards or vultures who vomited their meals while flying overhead."
I thought this through. Can't say I'd invite the friends over and BBQ something that fell out of the sky to try and taste it to figure out what it was. But I'd better be careful about commenting further on this - as nasty as this story sounds, it's probably a delicacy now that I don't know about, and some of you probably love it.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yum. I think it's called manna.
It also rains meat at Krats Meats. They specialize in beef, pork and poultry processing.
Post a Comment