Sunday, March 22, 2009

Luke Days 2009

Luke Air Force Base hosts an open house/air show called Luke Days every year - free to the public. There are many static displays of jets and planes. The world famous Thunderbirds perform at the end of the show. I had never gone, so Amy and I decided we would go and take Charlie. We met our friend Gerald there, and we all had a good time. We weren't able to stay for the Thunderbirds, but saw plenty of fun things! There is almost always some kind of plane our helicopter in the air at all times. Below are pictures from Luke Days.

F-16 flight line.
Amy and Charlie enjoying the show!

A "heritage" fly by. F22 Raptor, P51, A10 Warthog, and British WWII-era fighter.

Nose of B1 bomber in foreground, speck in the sky is an F22 Raptor. The Raptor was very loud, and Charlie slept through it (with the help of mom's hand over his ears).

Strolling along in the bomb bay of a B52 bomber.


Charlie and Dad in front of "Sentimental Journey", a WWII B17 bomber that still flies.


Charlie and Dad in front of dual .50 caliber tail guns of the "Sentimental Journey".

While we were going back to our car, we were treated to a dust storm off of the desert. I think we can all still taste the grit. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool!!! Those are the best events - free!!! I just wish it wasn't so long in between posts.

Charlie's two toofers are so cute.

-Melvin